Jehovah's Witnesses and GDPR
The following documents reveal Watch Tower’s response to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a law to take effect in the European Union on May 25, 2018. These documents were given to all congregation leaders, or Bodies of Elders, in the European Union.
- A document from March 2018 entitled Announcements and Reminders containing announcements specific to Bodies of Elders:
- A document from March 2018 entitled Instructions for Use of Personal Data describing the processes to be taken when dealing with personal data:
- A form entitled Notice and Consent for Use of Personal Data given to all Jehovah’s Witnessses within the European Union:
- A letter addressed to “All Bodies of Elders” from Watch Tower’s legal department informing them of GDPR and how they are to respond:
- An April 2018 document also entitled Announcements and Reminders containing an announcement asking all Jehovah’s Witnesses within the European Union to sign the form entitled Notice and Consent for Use of Personal Data referenced above: